Making a Complaint

We aim to resolve complaints quickly, effectively and wherever possible, to your satisfaction.  If you feel dissatisfied with a particular service, or the way you have been treated by us, you may complain using the process outlined below. We will not treat you any differently if you make a complaint.

How to complain

We have two simple stages in our complaints procedure to make sure that matters are dealt with quickly.

Initial response

The best and quickest way to get something put right is to contact the member of staff responsible for dealing with the matter or who dealt with it initially.  We will try to resolve the problem within 2 working days.

Stage one – Residents Liaison Officer

If you are not satisfied with the outcome and want to take your complaint further, please send an e-mail or letter, or complete a Complaint Record form. Please provide as much information as possible and let us know if there are any specific actions that you would like us to take.  The Residents Liaison Officer will aim to respond to you within 10 working days.

Stage two – Appeal Chief Executive Officer

If you are not satisfied, please let us know as soon as possible and we will escalate your complaint to an appeals panel comprising the Chief Executive Officer and the Facilities Director. You do not need to attend the panel meeting but will be welcome to do so if you wish, and to be accompanied. The panel are to be present. Our final decision on your complaint will be provided within 20 calendar days of the panel’s meeting’.

We will cooperate in the same way with an intermediary acting on your behalf. We will provide a final decision in writing within 56 calendar days of receiving a written complaint, unless we have previously agreed a later deadline.

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)

If you are still not satisfied you, or St. George’s Park Limited, can submit the complaint to a mediation and conciliation service.  They may take up the case.

The address of a possible service is

The Leasehold Advisory Service
Fleetbank House, 2-6 Salisbury Square,


ADR is a consensual arrangement whereby a trained impartial mediator tries to reach an agreeable solution without the need to refer to the Ombudsman Service or litigation.

As such any outcomes have to be agreeable to both St. George’s Park Limited and the complainant.

Ombudsman Services. 

If you have been through our complaints procedure and are still not satisfied with our final decision at stage two, or we fail to provide that decision by the relevant deadline, you may refer your complaint to:

The Property Ombudsman (for matters relating to the purchase of a property)

The Housing Ombudsman Service(for housing matters)

The Local Government (Social Care) Ombudsman (care matters). 

We will co-operate fully with the relevant Ombudsman Service during any investigation and comply fully with the resulting decision, which will be binding on us.

The addresses are:

The Property Ombudsman

Milford House, 43-55 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 2BP

Telephone: 01722 333306

(lines are open Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 16.30 except public holidays)


Housing Ombudsman Service

PO Box 152, Liverpool L33 7WQ

Telephone : 0300 111 3000

Lines are open Monday, Thursday and Friday from 9.15am to 5.15pm (except public holidays)

Lines are open half days on Tuesday and Wednesday from 9.15am to 1.15pm (except public holidays)

Email: Web:

Local Government Ombudsman

PO Box 4771, Coventry CV4 0EH. Tel: 0300 0614 0614. Web:

The Ombudsman has the power to recommend a solution to your problem, which could include an offer to mediate, arbitrate or recommend that, we:

  • formally apologise to you
  • compensate you
  • stop doing what you complained about
  • reject your complaint
Other people to contact

Citizens’ Advice Bureau,a solicitor, advice centre, local Councillor or a Member of Parliament may be willing to help you make a formal complaint (solicitors normally charge you for their services).  


If you feel St. George’s Park Limited has subjected you to any act of discrimination on the grounds of race or gender, you have the right to claim against us a County Court.  You must register your complaint at the County Court within six months of the date you believe that the discrimination occurred or you will lose your right to complain to the court.